- Do you live alone and are unable to shop for groceries or cook for yourself due to frailty?
- Are you not eating a balanced diet needed for chronic conditions such as diabetes?
- Are you recuperating from an injury or surgery and struggling with meal preparation?
Then Meals on Wheels might be ideal for You!
HOT MEALS ON WHEELS
- affordable meals to those 55+ and adults living with a disability
- ideal for individuals who may have a difficult time cooking or shopping
- meals can be ordered for short or long periods of time
- meal will consist of a soup or salad, main entree and dessert
- specialized diets can be accommodated
- clients are billed $7.75 per meal
- you may cancel a meal by notifying the VON office by 9:30 am the day of delivery
- you should consume your meal within 1 day of delivery
FROZEN MEALS ON WHEELS
frozen meal program offers over 100 different entrees, soups, desserts and breakfast snacks to choose from allowing more flexibility for clients in ordering as well as delivery
all clients must be pre-registered before ordering meals
clients are provided with a menu as well as an order form to select their meals
a representative from the VON office will contact you every 2 weeks to see if you would like to place an order
types of meals available: regular, diabetic, low sodium, low fat, vegetarian options as well as modified and pureed meals
you must be home to receive your order as it is placed immediately in the freezer
you will receive your meals on the Thursday or Friday of the week following the order being placed
cost: Entrees are $6.00 each. Soups, Desserts and Breakfast items are $2.00 each
specific cooking instructions on each individual item (follow instructions printed on the label and always ensure the meal/soup is properly heated throughout
all soups and entrees should be heated from frozen state; there is no need to defrost them
all meals are easily heated in microwave or oven and soups easily heated on stove top in a saucepan, pot or in microwave
For more information call:
519-637-6408 or 1-800-201-0909
Monday to Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm
175 South Edgeware Road
St Thomas, ON N5P 4C4
***the above information delivered by VON Middlesex Elgin and copied to provide the information on our website***